School groups are cordially invited to attend the 17th annual University of New Hampshire Band Extravaganza. This exciting concert will feature the UNH Wind Symphony and the Wildcat Marching Band in the Johnson Theater. We will be performing three matinees for school groups and would like to encourage you to plan a field trip with your music students. Don't miss out!
This went home to prospective members of the 2015 Wildcat Marching Band. If you didn't get it, read on!
- Sunday, August 23rd: Drumline, Colorguard, and WMB Council arrive
- Tuesday, August 25th: Winds arrive
- Band camp is required for all WMB members as we learn a very high percentage of material during this time
- A detailed daily schedule will be available later this summer
- We work around “Wildcat Days” events for first-year students
Congratulations to the following students, who were selected as student leaders for the 2015 Wildcat Marching Band!
Students who wish to apply for the positions of drum major, section leader, colorguard captain, or WMB Council member-at-large must apply by Saturday, March 21st at 11:59 PM.
Auditions for drum major, section leader, and colorguard captain will be held on Monday, March 23rd at 6:00 p.m. in the Band Room (PCAC M226). WMB Council members-at-large will be selected after auditions.
Requirements for student leaders:
- You must be a current UNH student and have completed at least the previous full season with the Wildcat Marching Band.
- You will be evaluated primarily by your audition/application, but we will also take into account ways you have previously exhibited leadership, honesty, dependability, responsibility, respect of peers, and ability to work well within the band.
- Student Leaders will be required to attend tentative leadership sessions later in the semester, plus a leadership day prior to band camp. Dates and times will be determined after student leaders have been selected.
- If you are interested only in a WMB Council member-at-large position, you do not need to attend auditions. Please complete the application to be considered.
More Articles ...
Page 1 of 3